My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Friday, March 7, 2008

My Shabby Birdhouses - Revisited

Someone recently wanted to see my birdhouses and I just didn't feel like doing it but today I do. I'm not sure these are all of them; I might have one or two missing that I gave away but this is pretty much it. I love doing these more than anything in the world, but they didn't sell well for me. Maybe this will spark some interest! Who knows? But I'll continue to make them with the fabulous roses fabrics. I love the ones with icing the most I think. But it is the fabrics that make them so pretty. Only one has my painted roses on it. But they have rhinestones, pearls, ribbons, porcelain roses also, ribbon roses, "frosting or icing on some, silk flowers, lace, mica on the roof of one of them, german glass glitter on one or two and, of course, little birds in their nests.










16 comments:

  1. These birdhouses are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! we are having a "what do you love about your birdie's home?" party on March 27th, I'd love for you to link this post to it, so we can show these off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing birdhouses! I never thought to use icing before. I'm curious as to what type of icing you use -- I've tried royal icing and permaice before. Feel free to take a peek at my birdhouse over on my blog. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,

    Rosalyn-Sue
    www.thelittlebluebirddiaries.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The icing is my favorite part! Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little houses! Love all the papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabrics you've used! The icing is very sweet.
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birdhouse are lovely,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, your birdhouses are darling...the papers are so sweet and that icing just adds to how special they are:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all just too cute.
    Cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your birdhouses are yummy looking. i love the look of the icing around the roofs and all the pretty fabrics you have used. very shabby sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely birdhouses...so sweet and very beautiful.
    Siobhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all sweet. Pink is such a spring color. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely birdhouses and I luv the icing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ::sigh:: such sweetness! They are VERY cute. Nice meeting you through at this party!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.