My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Greeenhurst Nursery #11, Pink Saturday and An Award

Last post was my tale of woe with the computers so I need to apologize to Queenie of Somewhereintime blog for taking so long to respond to her sweet award to me. She's given me the "A Perfect Blend of Friendship" award. Queenie/Christie always posts pictures of her family, state, home and gardens. I thoroughly enjoy visiting her blog because she exhibits her love for her family in her blog. And that's what is all about: family. So thank you, my sweet cherub.
*

Do I have the same friends from childhood? Nooooo, I was a military brat and traveled and lived in many states. I know no one from my childhood days. Memories, yes, but actual relationships, no.

What do I value most about my friends? That would have to be their ability to put up with me! I'm very opinionated and never hold back on stating those opinions. ;-)

Are my friends sounding boards? You betcha!!! But hubby is my best sounding board because he doesn't put up with my "theatrics or hysterics" and lets me have it with both barrels. This is done lovingly and with an attitude of trying to help.

What is my favorite activity to share with friends? Eating!! Going out to lunch and just chatting with them. Feed me and I'll follow you anywhere, chicks!

Now, I'm not selecting just one person; I want all who read this and want to answer the questions to do so. I love hearing about other people. My only request is that you email me through the email link on the profile page and let me know you've answered the questions. Yesssssss, I DO care and will be waiting for your answers! Just let me know.
~*~

Now, for more treats from the nursery.

This is their "bar and spirits" area. I'm not a drinker so I only got a few shots here because once you've seen a bottle of wine you've seen them all. ;-) Truly it was just a small area though. I love that chair though and those little things hanging on the table are relaxation disks. Beautiful music is played though out the year in this establishment. No rock here, just classical.....for the plants, I'm sure, but I love classical music.

Look at that gorgeous lamp - one of so many in this place.


I love aprons and this one is one of the cutest I've ever seen. Red polka dots! Look at those lime green totes also. Dahhhhling......

More Christmas dolls.

These are adorable also.

This is the wall leading into the "kitchen" area! It is so colorful with red and lime green. Are those this year's Christmas colors??? Hmmmmm???? I wonder....

This is the "french country" area. That satin quilted table cover has feathers on the bottom. My friend, Stephanie, would love that! Blingggggg!!!! Stephhhhhh, smooches for our mum!!! Make sure she reads this one. We share a "mum" but I think Mum loves me the best!! Hah.....

The french farm house table. I doubt that it is an antique but it is gorgeous!

Just more "eye candy" down an aisle.

A wall in the "kitchen" area. Aprons, dishes, unique ornaments reminiscent of olden days.....fantastic.

Now, I thought this was a fantastic idea. Remember the paper chains we used to make in school? Well, they've taken it to new heights with pretty papers, not just the construction papers we knew as children, but delicious polka dots, plaids, stripes in pink and greens. I loved this idea for even a fireplace or across the top of a door or window.

And here is that little apron in the above photo unfolded. Black and white checks with pink trim. Squeeeeeeeeal!!!

Shot of standing at one end and taking picture of other wall of "kitchen" area. The wall with the colorful red and lime green gadgets is on the other side of the right side of this photo. Just to give you a bit of perspective. This area looks like "Candy Land"!!

That stove is an antique. You're just seeing the door. I'll have the full one in another group of photos. As I've said I got over 200 photos that day and I'm taking them as they come mostly. Aren't those dishes cute? And the "popcorn" balls? Nope, nothing is real. Nooooo, wait, those little lollipops in the bottom of photo are real.

25 comments:

  1. Connie, I am so truly amazed by this nursery that if I visited I think I would be lost in there for days. There is nothimg like here in Australia.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great post today, girl...loved every bit of it. loved the most? that little apron trimed in PINK... yummy.
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those red and white lollipops in the last photo really caught my eye! What a display. I could have spend hours in that store. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to shop! I'd be there for hours. I love the lime green kitchen things.

    Tis the season (almost!)

    Happy pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an AmaZiNg nursery! Love all the photos...beautiful eye-candy..
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Connie I am still lovin' it and glad you have so many pictures of this fabulous Nursery....I have never seen anything like this before... Keep em coming girlfriend... Have a great day...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful post. Thanks for showing the aprons..a personal favorite. I want almost every one I see..Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was so much fun....I got to go window shopping with out even leaving the house...cause boy it is cold out there today. And yes I do remember along with my 8 other bothers and sisters sitting at the kitchen table making those paper xmass links. What a memmory.
    Stop by when you get a chance...I have a hint as to what is comming up soon.
    Sondra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many lovely items... OH MY! Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Saturday, love all of your goodies!!! That nursery is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I can't believe that store. How long did it take to walk through it and did you have any money left when you got to the other end?! LOL Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the black and pink apron. It is so 50ish looking. Kindredly,EllenL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Connie,
    Thanks for the comments! Love those Frenchie kitchen photos!
    Blessings,
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon, Connieness! It's so nice to hear from you! Oh, I love this place and it's a nursery? Wow, I could do some serious dammage here! I love it all!!
    Be a sweetie and have a nice weekend,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great pictures!! Eye Candy. Love the paper chain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connie, Your post is great. I am in awe of everything. I think that I could spend hours and hours just looking. Of course, I'd have to buy something.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie, It is great to be the queen or at least dream that I am. he he
    I just love the polka dot apron and the checker apron. I am a fan of aprons, they make me feel so lady like. I could go nuts in that nursery. Enjoy all the wonderful pictures.
    And may I say you are talented writer. I truly enjoy reading your posts. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking me along shopping; you're fun to spend time with. Happy Pink Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great tour Connie..thanks for the PINK Saturday...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool place!!! Love it! Glad you liked the glittered Christmas card ornament post!!... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved reading your answers to the award you received! I knew I liked you, but your answers just confirmed it!
    That nursery is about 1000 stores rolled into one! So, did you buy anything? I would be so overwhelmed I would just stand in the middle and spin in confusion! I did like those cute aprons you showed!
    Hope you Sat. was filled with outstandingly wonderful Pink! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Connie your feet must be soooo tired from walking through that beautiful nursery.
    BTW I did find the pretty cottage book here in Ontario. Thank you again for the emails.
    Claudie from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do remember paper chains and it all came back to me recently when I discovered them in the Christmas aisle of a local store...how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Pink Saturday, Connie.

    Girl, I have had so much fun touring this amazing place with you. I would love to be able to shop there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.