My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Friday, January 30, 2009

What I'm Creating and Some Awards

I've been lax in posting some awards I've received, but I do schedule my posts out for weeks at a time. That actually gives me more time to do the things I want to do like craft and read and decorate if I can sit and just do several posts at a time and then schedule them out for weeks. So today I'm catching up. However, just a tease. I'm working on this below. I'll see how it turns out when I "clean it up" and actually do what I want to make with it. Stay tuned, chicks. :-)
~*~

This award is from Pat over at The Urban Chic in Louisiana cajun country. I posted a tribute to the great people of Louisiana many months ago and if you haven't read it go here to do so. I have not yet read a blog that I didn't think was creative and cannot pick out any one blog that is better than the others. So if you are reading this then grab it and put it on your blog. We are all creative, just in different ways. I love every single blog I see. So don't be shy because I couldn't possibly pick just one or 5 or 10; I'm picking every single blog to give this award to. And I'm very serious. We each have different talents we bring to blogs, some are visual and some are in the simple reading of the blog and the emotions it puts into our hearts. But they are all wonderfully Kreativ people. So snag it and go with it, chicks. And thank you PJ.....
~*~

UPDATE AT 8:45 AM!!
Ann at Lifeatannsplace just notified me the award came from her. Thank you, Ann. I apologize again. I usually make a folder and put the awards in there until I can get to them, but something failed me that time I guess. You are so kind to award it to me and to let me know it was from you. Again, thanks, sweetpea. It's a hug award for being able to say the right thing at the right time. I wish I was really able to do it. I soooooo mess up frequently and open my big mouth when I shouldn't. I'm incorrigible, chicks....*Sigh*........

I'm ashamed to admit this but I've forgotten who gave me this one. I do apologize but I get so many things on this computer and occasionally I have a lapse of memory for my age (sometimes referred to as alzheimers, but we won't go there now, will we?!) and it just creeps in one ear and blows out the other ear. *Sigh*........ However, if you read this and are the one please let me know and I'll acknowledge you in a flash!
~*~

This award was given to my by Stephanie, my sister in heart, mind and spirit. I've known Steph for about 6 years now from when I started buying fabrics from her and she joined an ebay group I started later on. She's a sweetie and has the most wonderful mum, who is a true southern belle from the state of Texas. A kind and beautiful woman - both of them, I mean!

Again, I've never read a post on here I didn't love and gain some fraction of new knowledge or that hasn't touched my heart. So snag this award, chicks, post it and refer back to the person who you snagged it from - ME!! - and go for it. Give 'em attitude and gratitude for just bringing something special to you each day......uhhhhhh, that's if I DO, of course. DUH........ But I love so many blogs and surf each and everyday for new ones I've never seen and have met some of the absolutely friendliest and sweetest chicks ever on here.

18 comments:

  1. Good morning, sister friend..
    Wondering what you are making here..a crown? can't wait to see it when it's all finished.
    Congratulations on all the awards...and thanks for passing them to us.
    I hope you have a nice, warm, cuddly day...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm with BJ...the points make it look like a CROWN!?!

    Congrats on the awards, chickie!!!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Connie, you do deserve the awards, your blog is always so interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear.The HUG award was from me.It's for always being able to say the right thing at the right time.Congrsts on all.I forget so -------much to.It's so irratating,isn't it?...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. GM Connie...congrats on the awards..I get them and forget also who gave what and when..and I am saying BJ has it right on a crown..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you are making. I am also trying to create blog ideas ahead of time because the last thing I want is for blogging to be a chore, I need it to be a joyful thing.

    Thank you for sharing your lapse in memory as it makes the rest of us feel better when we do the same thing!
    Have a Great Friday!
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Connie you certainly got slammed with awards... doesn't it just make you feel wonderful... I bet that is a crown too... I can't wait to see what you do with that...Have a great weekend

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I know what your little work of art is after your comment on my blog!! Can't wait to see it!!

    Have a great weekend!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning my Sweet Sweet Lady & congrats on the awards, I think I might just snatch up a couple especially the hugs, we all need hugs huh!. Ok so I like a lot of Ladies to comment kinda think you are making a crown here. So get those creative juices flowing I want to see the end result. Have a great weekend Sweet.

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning my Sweet Sweet Lady & congrats on the awards, I think I might just snatch up a couple especially the hugs, we all need hugs huh!. Ok so I like a lot of Ladies to comment kinda think you are making a crown here. So get those creative juices flowing I want to see the end result. Have a great weekend Sweet.

    Lyn xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning my Sweet Sweet Lady & congrats on the awards, I think I might just snatch up a couple especially the hugs, we all need hugs huh!. Ok so I like a lot of Ladies to comment kinda think you are making a crown here. So get those creative juices flowing I want to see the end result. Have a great weekend Sweet.

    Lyn xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the previous post... Is that a new birdhouse? The one you were working on earlier, the one you didn't give away? I just can't keep up with you, Chick!

    My guess for your latest project, a lacy, sparkly tiara for those fantastic Princesses of the world. (Just going off what looks like points here and it' a fairly poor guess at that.)

    Still working on getting my house in order. I feel like I'll never get to the fun part of getting fancy, adding nic-nacks, and making it 'my' space. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi connie,

    i think you should get a comedy award because your most recent comment on my blog (vignette syndrome) was HYSTERICAL! really!

    i would like to offer you my treasured blogger award. it is at the bottom right column of my blog. if you cut/paste the html you will get the animation.

    thanks for the LAUGHS!!! you are a superfunnycoolsweetie!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Connie - I am intrigued to know what it is that you are creating. Congratulations on the awards.
    Hugs,
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie, congrats on the awards! Your blog is just wonderful so you deserve them! It looks to me like you are making a crown! Maybe we will be surprised! That birdhouse in previous post is just so sweet and fluffy!
    Love You! SHirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sis! I just couldn't think of anyone more deserving of ALL these awards than you, sweetie! Mother says hi! Like your pics you've added of yourself to the left sidebar! BTW, I bet that is a CROWN you are working on!!

    Love you,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie, thanks for sharing that very nice story. We do have great things come out of Louisiana.
    I did see the finished crown and lovely as usual. Big hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.