My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Master Bath Redo July 2009 and Pink Saturday

For this Pink Saturday I'm showing you our master bathroom. Please go visit with Beverly at howsweetthesound for all the participants for this event. I think you'll enjoy it. And also a "thank you" to Bev because this takes a lot of work to put it together each week with more and more bloggers participating.
~*~

I also want to give a shout out to a sweet lady and her business on ebay selling decals - very inexpensively! I needed some decals recently and she went out of her way to accommodate me. I told her I'd give her some advertising for being so kind and helpful. Go see Christine at Shabby Cottage Decals on ebay.
~*~

I cannot get a good shot of our bathroom as it is so close in there but here is what I could come up with for you. This is only the tub area. There is a shower to the right of it but it's not very "inspiring" and neither is the double sink area where we groom each morning. I doubt that you'd want to see our toilet room either although it has a border, shelves and magazine rack in it. But as I said, this is our "scaled down forever" house and not especially elegant. But there is a lot of love in this house and it is very quiet and peaceful. I want it to be pleasing to the Lord but I personally have a bit of a ways to go in that department. *Sigh*.........


The shelf went back in with a few changes.


The bird cage went back up with the swag now netting instead of the long window scarf. I cannot tell you how much better things look with the pink background and it matches beautifully with the stone surround on the tub, which thankfully isn't beige but more of a taupe—my favorite "neutral" accent color other than white.

A close view of the ceiling hook which holds the scarf, ribbon roses that I made and the bird cage.

I "poofed" the sides also and added the paper roses. I think it looks much more elegant than just a plain tub area.

I added more roses to the tub surround and hid all the paraphernalia one needs when in the tub behind an inflatable pink shell back support. You can't see it very well but it's on the left side bottom. Fancy sponges and soaps can be seen, but the Nair, razor blades and stuff to pretty up the feet are hidden behind it.

And lastly, this is the walk in closet with our clothes, sheets, towels and all the stuff one would normally put in a medicine cabinet but our medicine cabinets hold my makeup and hubs' grooming stuff. Doesn't it look neat and orderly?

I cannot tell you how happy I am that everything is pink now. It just looks fantastic to me. Now, if hubs will just let the painter know when he is ready to have his office painted it'll be over. One tropical green room isn't so bad a price to pay for the rest of the house to be PINK!


38 comments:

  1. Your bathtub is so fun! I would spend a lot of relaxing evenings in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I love it, and I'm so happy for you that it's all pink now! Great job and very romantic!

    Happy Pink Saturday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww connie huneybun.. all walls in pink and so pretty.. gosh.. i am in pink heaven! not a single room I dont love! so pretty! Happy PS and have great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pink bathroom. You have done a wonderful job. I would probably stay too long in a bathroom like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my..i love your home..i didnt see your guestroom, but I hope it's big enough for me and my family and that it's pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely is that! I would like a pink bathroom....someday. Love your blog :)
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bathtub! A great retreat to RELAX in. And pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your PINK bathroom, what a nice way to start your day getting ready in a beautiful PINK bathroom. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog has so much to offer! Very good job! Love your bath. I once painted our bedroom Barbie Pink and my husband Loved it! Who would have thought? All Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab PiNk bathroom! We're changing ours from pink to blue and brown :) What you say ?!?! We still have a couple of PiNk rooms left in our house :) Happy PS! Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Miss Connie, do you have pink bubble bath! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie - what I really like about your house is that it just reflects such happiness! You are one of the happiest girls I have ever met online! I love your pinks!!! Pink Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, how relaxing a bath would be in that room! It's looks so cheerful yet..calming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had computer troubles for a couple of days. Just got caught up on your project. Loved it. I love the bench in your computer room. I have a two story cape cod house and today I finely admitted I wish it was all on one floor. I can climb stairs with two artificial knees but not like I want to, so I have my studio upstairs but never work there. It is all on my kitchen table and in my bedroom. Oh well. I can just enjoy what I have.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie!
    The bath redo looks beautiful!
    I would never be able to get out of there!
    Hope you have a lovely pink Saturday!
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great pink rooms. I would love it. Happy pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie,

    How pretty it is! You have such a knack for pulling it all together!
    Happy PINK Saturday to you and have a grand week!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, Connie. And, it makes me smile just to know how much you love it.

    Yes, I think you can let your hubs have his room in his color. ;-)

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow dearest! You have been one busy Queen Bee! I love everything. I wouldn't want to leave that bathtub and oh for a glass of something sweet, pink, sparkly and bubbly! Great job Connie!

    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks wonderful and cozy! Wish my closet was so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Connie; Happy Pink Saturday..

    OH my my what a lovely Pink bath room,,,, how sweet a spot to take a nice bubble bath.... just beautiful.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Connie,
    HAPPY PINK SATURDAY and your bathroom would also be a beautiful post for Metamorphis Monday, I think it is called.
    First I wanted to thank you for all the prayers for my daughter Amy.
    Second I love your beautiful pink bathroom...such a pretty glow and the birdcage with the tulle is to sing a song for....so pretty
    beautiful post and beautiful bathroom
    angel hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your bathroom redo is just beautiful - I like your use of netting throughout all your wonderful projects. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Connie, Happy Pink Saturday. Thank you so much for stopping by. Your pink bath is soooo pretty. The pink paint is making the tub look pink. I love that scarff, is so soft looking. I'm gonna visit your decal friend, I need some of them. Have a great weekend!
    Love ya, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  25. A pink bathroom! How sweet. I love the pink tulle drapery and the birdcage too with ivy leaves flowing. It's not where you'd expect it to be but it looks perfect in your bathroom :-)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Connie, you did a great job on your bathroom! I long for a big tub like that! The pink you used is lovely and what a difference it must make! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Connie, WOW I love your garden tub. What a relaxing place you made here, and the pink is perfect. Reflects right on to the tub. Love that. My favorite is the birdcage with the tulle swag. Just gorgeous. I love the distress shelf too with the decals. So pretty.
    Your closet is great, you know how I love organization and this is so me too.
    Going on to view your family room also.
    Thanks for sharing. Now I want to go redo something. I am going to repaint my studio, but it will have to be after my busy season.
    Hugs and Happy Sunday,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy, happy belated Pink tulle Saturday to you sweet Connie. xo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun tub you have created here. I love taking long, hot and sented baths...
    Glad you have most of the pink you want in your house now.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good Morning Honey!
    I am late getting around to everyone, but I just had to stop by and see the bath. It is so beautiful pink. What a wonderful job your have done honey, you have really outdone yourself. I am so thrilled for you. It just all looks so beautiful and you know what I am sure that you are so much more relaxed at home, the color pink is so relaxing. That is why some Dr.s paint their patient rooms pink. It is a calming color for a person. (I read that somwhere.) Oh my, you sure did a great job, and I am sure honey bunny is happy it is done also. "If Moma ain't happy there ain't nobody happy." I'd say Moma Connie is happy. Country Hugs and Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely room to lay and soak. That tub is huge! You have done wonderful things in here. Congrats on getting hubs to okay the pink.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your entire house is just a dream Connie! An ethereal poof of pink happiness! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The birdcage and scarf is just so yummy - very beautiful!
    Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just love this bath! The curtain fabric is gorgeous and I love the garden touches throughout:>) Great job Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well, I think you've done a stunning job! I love the swag/bird cage/draped ivy - it's a bathroom you could stay in for hours.

    Happy Pink Saturday! (Big apologies, I know I'm late, but I've been overwhelmed with deadlines and teaching classes Sat & Sun - and only now just getting a chance to go blog-hopping).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Connie!! This is all just so beautiful and so YOU!! Gorgeous and unique touches everywhere!!

    Truly a feast for the eyes! When are the photographers for Romantic Country coming??

    Hugs,
    Bertie
    Aunt May's Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.