My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rose Painted Rustic Star and Gazebo

By now most of you have become acquainted with my quest to paint gorgeous, if not decent (I'd take this in a heart beat!) roses. I've mentioned that I purchased this 30" star recently and painted it pink. I finally got the rose painted on it. Not quite as I'd like to have done it but passable. I may put some more roses on it. Painting on a pointed star that is three dimensional is rough, chicks! I finally gave up but trust me, the photo of the finished star so far is better than actually seeing it in person.

I tried!

Then I tried again. Passable............

Impatient to see it hanging on our garage wall by the front porch, Love Bunny put the screw in the wood and I hung it out.

Ya just don't wanna get too close, my sweet bloggers. *Smile*

Can I hear a few hands clapping, please! For fortitude!!!
~*~

To answer a few bloggers questions about our gazebo, yes, I'm finished with it for now. It's been too hot to even go outside lately with the daily temperatures exceeding 100° here in the desert. I've hung 4 hanging lanterns I made out of old canning jars and added tea lights but I haven't lit them yet. Faux greenery and mini lights go around the bottom of the dome but haven't sat out there yet to enjoy them. But soon the temperatures will be such that we may be able to sit out at night and if so, I'll get pictures then.





That tree on the left in my neighbor's yard is just 4 years old. Isn't that amazing that it could grow that high in such a short time? The owner offered us a sapling 4 years ago but hubs said no since it grows up to 70 ft. tall.

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Chickey. Honey I am loving that star on the house. Is that beautiful or what? Just the crowning touch to the side of the house. You did a beautiful job painting the rose. Mine would have really looked pathetic. I am clapping, clapping, clapping. Now you take a bow, because you have done yourself proud. Thanks for sharing this fine morning. Country Hugs honey, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,I'm running late for pink sat.I LOVE your gazboo its so pretty.The star looks wonderful on your house too.I love stars on houses.The fireplace screen came out great too!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie can you hear me clapping? I love your star! I think it came out great. I love stars and it looks wonderful on your house. The gazebo is very pretty also!

    It's horrendously hot here also, plus this is our rainy season so not much is looking too pretty around here lately. This is the time of year that I liken to the winter months for others - I stay indoors as much as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clap-clap-clap! Great job, Connie! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I too tried my hand at painting roses.. mine turned out so so.
    Your star looks just darling!
    Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your star. Your so funny. I like how it turned out. I thought you did a great job. And your gazebo is just lovely. It looks so dreamy. I bet it would be nice to enjoy it on a moonlit night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie, I love your gazebo! The star looks great hanging there with your pretty fountain. I've always wanted to try my hand at painting roses,but so far it's just a dream.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think it looks s pretty! And the gazebo is gorgeous! I am sooooo envious!! : )
    I am not only clapping, heck. I am standing on my chair and clapping and stomping my feet....ooops...I just collapsed. Wait...okay. here I go again....can you hear me???

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.