My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Show Your Cottage Monday 10/19/09

Cielo at the house in the roses has started "Show Off Your Cottage Monday." So this is the first post that I had pre-scheduled for that day and decided that this will just have to do until I can get some other things posted. Enjoy and please go visit the other participants. :-)
~*~

Since Love Bunny has decided to drag me to the other side of the state and I certainly want to participate in Cielo's Cottage Monday I've decided to just put one picture of a vignette on my mantel. Those of you who have been following me for a while know that 2 summers ago I added a "faux mantel" to our family room to jazz it up a bit. The vignettes on the mantel are changing with such frequency Love Bunny can't keep up with it, chicks. Hah.... Anyway, that is all I'm going to show you of our "retirement/forever/I'm not moving again" house. Enjoy and see you next week.
~*~

Also a friend of mine makes these lovely faux pastries and at affordable prices so give her a look and see what you might like. Visit Jen here.
~*~

Random Thought:

Look around your house and use something in a different way for a new look. Think of what else you can do with it besides its "normal" use. You can do it! Just see it with a "different eye"! I do it all the time.

18 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Connie,Thank you for showing my faux cakes.That is so sweet of you!I love yor mantel,so pretty with the ornaments and white pine.Love it!Hugs,Jennifer

    Ps, Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vignette from your lovely cottage Connie.
    Thank you sweet for your lovely words!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel and things are beautiful.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    Your mantle holds some lovely treasures! Love the faux pastries; they are just darling! I'm always looking for ways to use some little treasure differently. Have a Happy Monday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie,
    The mantel vignette looks so pretty and romantic!. I am always changing things around the house too!. I think its just our nature.
    Have a wonderful day and keep creating.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have many treasures at your cottage.
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Connie!
    Looks wonderful,
    very rosey!
    Blessings,
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Connie, your faux mantel is lovely. The vignette is so your lovely cottage style and looks charming. I did the same thing in a home we lived in that didn't have a fireplace. In fact the fireplace in my bedroom is faux. I love the ambiance of a fireplace real or faux. We do have a real one in the great room though. It was 31 degrees this am and we turned on our fireplace today. It is gas. I love the gas but it costs a fortune, so we limit the use. sigh.

    Love the faux cakes. Very real looking and so sweet.

    Hope you are having a great time on your getaway.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantle vignette is beautiful. I love it all and the clock on the wall is pretty too. I'm going to look at some of your old posts to see if I can find it somewhere else showing all of it. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard for me to see with a different eye. Maybe you can do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember you doing that mantle Connie! Its looking pretty as always! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way this looks, Connie! Love your little faux cakes, too. Your faux mantle is decorated perfectly.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, a little house, a house of my own, out of the wind's and rain's way... yes, we're so fortunate to have a safe place to call "home"... thank you for participating in "Show Off Your Cottage Monday".... hope to see you again next Monday!

    Hugs and blessings

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Connie,
    It sure is nice to visit your cottage and get peaks of your mantle.
    How is your son doing?!
    Warmly,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope you are having a wonderful time with hubby!!

    The mantle looks so very pretty and just like Connie!!

    It's a wonder those faux cakes and cookies don't have bite marks from trying to eat these lovely treats!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your mantel - the pitcher and pedestal cake dish are soooooooo pretty, and the faux goodies look real!!!! Yummmmy!... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice vignette honeybun.. you always know how to play with your home decor items.. all look so matchy - matchy..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those faux cakes are just beautiful!! Have a safe and fun trip. : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.