My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

After All That Work

Several days ago, I had a brilliant idea. It quickly turned sour. :-(

I thought of putting tulle netting on this little glittery tree. That necessitated another run to WM for more netting. I've probably bought and used at least 50 yds of netting this past holiday season but I've run out. I needed milk anyway. That netting and milk cost me $50 at WM. I think they count on us coming in frequently just so we'll spend more money. Noooo, I don't think it; I know it.

I got it all decked out. Then I plugged it in and the lights wouldn't work! Hubby came home and told me he couldn't find all the LED lights through all the froufrou. I had to take it off. I just about cried. Do you have any idea how hard it is to put that stuff on a twiggy tree with all the glitter falling off and the tulle getting caught on it? No? Well, I'm here to tell ya it ain't easy, chicks.


We found the fuse and replaced it and all is fine now. This is how it turned out. I took this late at night and it isn't very good but you get the idea.

Little victorian pin made by my friend, Bertie of Aunt May's Cottage. Visit her site with items for sale. She has wonderful things!

Here starts the beginning of your learning from my mistakes. I thought of removing the few above photos but decided to keep them so I could display my adventure of trying to get it right. ;-) Okay, okay, go ahead and make your own mistakes, chicks!

After viewing it all day long I didn't like the proportions of the tree—looked too skimpy with the netting. (This is obviously due to the utter nuttiness of trying to put tulle netting on a twiggy tree with sequins glued to it!) I took it allllll oooooffff and cut it into manageable pieces and then wrapped it around the tree and bunched some pieces up into little fluff balls and just kind of stuck them in there. Voilà, I like it much better now. Looks fuller and more "poofy." And this was taken at night with an overhead light on with NO flash. Much better. I truly like this style much better.


Okay, I couldn't resist taking a few more pictures. One outside on this cold morning and the other one in the dining room, just to show you how pretty it really is.


And this is where it ended up—on one of the bookcases I brought in from our family room to the living room and took the etagère from here into the.....but wait, that's a different post. ;-) Sighing and screaming!!!

~*~


19 comments:

  1. Ahhhh............dontcha just love yourself some yummy tulle? I wish I could wear it to the market. :-) It's just pure happiness........I think!

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so PRETTY! You did a wonderful job, I could see one of those decorated for a winter wedding, neat idea! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your tree is beautiful & very feminine!! It looks like a cloud with some pretty roses floating!! Nice job even though it was a pain in the butt!!
    **Smile**
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR CONNIE,
    I LOVE YOUR TREE THE BEST AFTER YOU CUT UP THE TULLE AND THEN APPLIED IT....IT IS VERY PRETTY...I MAY BECOME COURAGEOUS AND TRY TO MAKE ONE MYSELF. I LOVE YOUR GATE THAT IS OVER THE PLANT SHELF...I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE....THEY ARE EXCELLENT FOR HOLDING POSTCARDS AND PICTURES.
    I LOVE THE FACT YOU ARE ALWAYS MAKING SOMETHING.
    I ALSO WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU I HAVE STARTED A NEW BLOG CALLED SIMPLY DEBBIE...IT IS NOW ABOUT MY JOURNEY WITH AMY WATCHING ME FROM HEAVEN. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO STOP BY.
    A GRACIE ANN PECK AND A HUG AROUND THE NECK
    SIMPLY DEBBIE
    I JUST LOVE YOUR BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie...You are so funny...thanks for the laugh!
    I too, love your tree re-done...although I liked it in the beginning also!
    Keep following through with those ideas, "Chickie" Ha!
    xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Connie!
    Gosh that tree is so pretty! I know what you mean about those simple projects that turn into MAJOR ONES!!
    But, it was worth it. Love the little roses. so pretty to look at. Maybe I'll do my little pink tree like that and put it in my booth for display.

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,all that trial and error paid off, my friend. It looks so, so pretty! The creative process is always interesting, isn't it?

    How is your new iMac? (jealous)

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So perfect for Valentine's day and I could see this as a centerpiece for a Bridal shower~too lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Connieness, I just love a determined woman! You did it and your little tree is adorable!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that. It's very phoo phoo! (My sons would look at it and throw it out the window.) LOL. But hey - this is my house now . . . they are guests!
    My font disappeared! It was working great and then yesterday - POOF! - it just went away. I don't have time to fuss with it . . . off to class this morning and it's raining cats and dogs out there . . .
    More later! Hugs. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Connie...you get there in the end, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your frou frou tree... and am thinking how pretty it will be in my bedroom! I think I'll keep my eye open for a twiggy tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH~~ This tree is so pretty!! You are one talented lady, I think I tell you that often but it's so true. Thank-you for the encouragement on using the pressure cooker.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so dreamy! You did a nice job Connie. Hard work does pay off! Your hubby is too funny. "All that frou frou"
    Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, I am supposed to be in bed, but I thought I would visit a few blogs before I lie down. I LOVE your tree. You always come up with such beautiful things. Love and hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connie how pretty the tree looks now you have found the right way to do it. So much fun playing house when you love the results
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Connie; You did a wonderful job on your sweet tree... I do love the look you decided to use last,, it is just so pretty where you have set it... Have a warm Fri....

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Open your tiny little mouth and I'll give you a taste! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty, pretty, sweets! I'm surprised that LB didn't just tell you to add another string of lights on top!! We've been known to do that to avoid the hassle!! It looks lovely!

    Love you,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.