My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lemonade and Roses for 4th of July

Happy 4th of July, my sweet blogger friends! I hope each and every one of you takes the time today to think about what our forefathers did and went through to give us this great country. Thank your military and veterans today also. They give up so much to protect us and our country.

No one understands the relationship between individual achievement, dignity and strength than our armed forces. Through every war our soldiers have held this nation's destiny in their hands. They have not failed us. They cherish freedom enough that they are willing to die for it. Our duty to them and to ourselves is to treasure freedom enough to live up to it. The desire for freedom is in every human heart. Thank you!!!!
~*~

I make a fresh pitcher of lemonade everyday. Yep, I sure do. I love it, but I love the fresh kind the best. I don't add sugar until it's poured into the glass. That way visitors or Love Bunny can sweeten it to their preference and with sugar or artificial sweetener. I use artificial sweetener because I don't want the extra calories. It tastes wonderful just fresh squeezed with the pulp floating around in it. Yuuuuummmmm...


And you thought I'd forget the eye candy, huh? As if those two hunks in the above photos weren't enough eye candy for you!! Purrrrrr... Nope, here are some roses I have in the house that are not real—don't know if some are silk but the first one is. I found this one only many years ago and have never found any more like it. Usually people think these are real.

This one feels like a real rose. I have no clue what it is made of but it's a very sturdy material, whatever it is. This has fooled many people with it realness. It is beautiful and I have several like it.

The rest are from my rose garden and were all taken on the same morning—wednesday the 16th of June. Aren't they beautiful? I even Photoshopped some for a blogger to use if she wants to use them for her designs.








The rose garden in front of the house.
~*~

15 comments:

  1. love them roses..I have my peach one blooming right now.its called a vodoo rose..its our favorite..will have to photograph them..and that lemonade sounds so good..have a wonderful 4th and give love bunny a hug for me.;)and one for you too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth of July - I truly appreciate the armed forces and that God has blessed our Country!
    My dad was in the Navy and my daughter's fiance is a Marine!
    Our country owes it to these men and women and most especially to God!
    I appreciate seeing those who recognize that!
    God Bless You,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July to you! A couple of your pictures wouldn't pull up for me but the lemonade did, and your natural roses did also. They are so beautiful - you must have one seriously green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses on a Sunday Morning...wonderful tribute to our fighting servicemen...
    Happy 4th of July...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie, I would love a glass of your 'real' lemonade. Smile. I just commented on your PS post.

    I picked this photo for my post today too.

    Your roses real and unreal are all gorgeous. Ahhhhhh roses, the beauty of the earth. Your rose bed is beautiful.

    Happy fourth of July to you and your family.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'morn sweet friend ~ Oh, my the roses are breathtaking, as always. My croaked in this horrible heat wave we had & are having ... sniff!

    I went to the blog you suggested, the tears welled, the hearts breaks! TYSM for sharing with me. I wrote them & I sent this out to everyone I knew to share in the story. Bless you, Connie.

    Well, the lemonade will come in handy this week .. another heat wave unusual for us here, to be 95 - 99 all week & reaching 105 they predict! Oy!

    Happy 4th, THANK you military family for us, we appreciate their protecting us.

    TTFN ~ Hugs of love,Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are so pretty! Mine aren't doing well...and homemade lemonade is the best!
    Happy 4th!
    Warmly,
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling over your beautiful roses Connie and I'd love a sip of that real lemonade.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your patriotic spirit~it is red, white and bluetiful!

    You surely do have a green thumb. Mine is black as midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th to you Connie!! And your roses are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are beautiful Connie!!! I hope your fourth was wonderful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those roses are gawgus!

    Ohhhhhhh and your grass is beautiful too!

    Happy Day Sweet Girl,
    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post, Connie!! May we never take all our freedoms for granted. Lovvve that you make lemonade every day! I'll take mine with artificial sweetener, just like you :) And your roses are 2-die-4!! Just gorgeous!!!!... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures. Those roses are so amazing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.