My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ramblings

Eye candy while I ramble.


Have you ever heard of a valtrompia tube? This is one. It's a tube you bake fancy bread in. I'm going to make the Hawaiian Tea Bread with coconut and pineapple. Or I may try the Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Yuuuuummmmm. I'll let you know how good it is. ;-)



On our recent trip to visit our granddaughter and our new great granddaughter we went to the Microsoft store. Since my granddaughter and her hubby work there, they have a fun thing where you can get a badge made for the kids. We did this last thursday and got Miss C's ID badge. The man doing it was Spanish-speaking and we had to tell him about 4 times how to spell Miss C's last name which is Hispanic. We even went around the counter to check on the name and he still had it misspelled! I told him how to spell it—very slowly—and he changed it again. When we went back on friday it was still misspelled! We both were thinking of simply grabbing the mouse and taking over from there!!! How can you misspell a name that is so easy to spell??

Anyway, this is how it turned out. She was a little doll doing this whole procedure. He gave us 2 so I get to carry her around on my key chain all the time now.

~*~

I like to think I am the operator of the loom that weaves my future but the only foot on that treadle is the foot of fate.
*

I've found that the absence of fear doesn't make you brave; it's what you do in spite of being afraid. Thank you to our military, EMTs and firemen for keeping us safe while fighting the fear.
*

I recently went with hubby somewhere that I'd never been before. I left him and was supposed to come back and get him. I got lost on the way back home and had to call him on his cell. He asked how in the world could I get lost when there were only 2 roads to take to get back home. I told him I could get lost on a Go-Cart track! I truly get lost a lot but I eventually find my way home.
*

The closest some people will ever come to a brainstorm is a light drizzle. Please don't take that as a criticism of the person in the above paragraph! I'm truly very intelligent, just challenged by directions. :-)
~*~

7 comments:

  1. Hi Connie
    That little Great Grand Daughter of yours is a darlin'!!
    I've not heard of the tube, although it reminds me of one my Mum used to bake Nutloaf in, but her tin was a simple cylinder...
    Sounds yummy!

    Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely have to show us the bread from the tube. Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bread in a tube sounds fascinating. Gotta let us know how it turns out. The baby is a sweetie.
    Hubby gets lost easily. He is not one to stop and ask for directions, and will drive 2 hours out of his way until he decides to stop and ask. Funny how men can be. Glad you found your way back. Love and hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, can't wait for the picture of the bread you will be making in the tube. Eat a big piece for me. I love bread, all types.

    Love the badge with Miss C. She is sooo cute and adorable. I just want to hug her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the cutest little future employee I have ever seen!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie, I have been MIA on a buying trip with my sister again. I'm back and as always catching up with my favorite bloggers. That is you my friend. I love your lovely book eye candy. Delicious roses are always the best look.
    Baking in a tube is interesting. I will be waiting for the results.
    Your grand baby is beautiful. How awesome our grands are. They make the world go round. as for the guy who can;t spell. Maybe he should study the English language. I hate situations like this.

    I laughed at your LOST status. You and I must have come from the same lost mold. I always get lost but like you I usually find my way home.

    I love reading your random thoughts.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie,
    I have seen the breads you are talking about but didn't know that was the name of the tin they are made in, just know you can buy some really yummy breads that are baked in them. Think I will have to look aroung for one. Your greatgranddaughter is a real cutie, love the photo in your previous post,
    Hope you have a great weekend Sweet.

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.