My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Showcasing the New Slipcovers and a Peeve

I finally received my new slipcovers! Now remember, these were made for another Ethan Allen sofa with the same style as my 15 year-old sofa I bought from them that they don't make any more. They just happened to have the same sort of style with an inch or two difference. This was the post where I first introduced the difference in styles. It fits almost perfectly but remember it was only $400.00 and it was custom made for the other sofa that was just a tad shorter. I'm well pleased with it. I can wash it but I don't think I'll ever have to wash the main section, just wash the cushions if they get dirty from visiting kids and grandkids.

Here I'm just starting to put them on.


I realized after taking this photo that I had knocked the ribbon tree over.

Here I uprighted the ribbon tree but the photo lighting is not as good or accurate as the above photo.
~*~

While I'm sitting here blogging I want to add one more thing to this post. Another lovely blogger put her thoughts on her blog and gave me permission to quote her. They also struck a chord with me so here they are:
I've spoken about there being room for all types of bloggers out there. But I have one more thing to say about blogging that has to do with basic good manners. House/cottage, nesting, crafting, creative blogs are, by their nature, more cozy and welcoming than are political blogs, for example. I spoke of those bloggers who get hundreds of comments and never return the favor. I realize that keeping up with hundreds of comments on each post is impossible. We're all busy and sometimes it takes a while before we can return the visit. But when several comments are made over a long period of time and no effort is made to respond, whether by email or a visit to the commenter's blog, well, that sticks in my craw. It's rude and there is no room for that. I know it has happened to all of you. It certainly has happened to me. Those are the blogs I stop visiting.

So here's my suggestion: If your blog has become so impossibly big that you can no longer take the time to communicate with your readers who are, after all, the reason you have become so popular, then perhaps you should stop blogging. Because you've already lost the heart and soul of what made your blog so attractive to begin with.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. When I see so many ads, the heart and soul isn't there anymore.
~*~

14 comments:

  1. Hi Connie :) I really love your new slipcover! I so need to get one for my sofa someday; getting tired of trying to fix the Matelasse blanket I have on it right now, arggghhh!! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Tonight's our Homecoming game, so keep your fingers crossed that we win; that will make our Tiger's 5-0 if we do!! Woo Hoo!!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie your slip cover really brightened up your room. The pillows you have on there look great. I might do that someday to my living room sofa instead of replacing it. No one sits on it so it would get replaced only when I am sick of looking at it. LOL have a great day.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your slipcover, Connie! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie the new slipcovers really changed the look of the sofa. I love the cottage look, but am stuck with Neo Classic for now. My room is eclectic and it's mostly earth tones. I love how yours just says Welcome to my cozy cottage.
    I am one of those who visits and rarely get replys, but lately my blogging has been about my health again, which is none too interesting, but would love prayers. I got my blog for therapy and to sometimes share what I make or do, but I too find it rude to visit a blog and not get a response back. One in particular used to visit quite often but now has so many posts, I guess mine gets losts. Oh well, my life will go on, but rudeness is not a good virtue at all. Love Ya, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new slipcovered couch..now you really have that "cottage" look..:) have a great weekend enjoying your couch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, It does cost $-500 bucks to have one made. I made an eggshell duck canvas slip cover for my camelback sofa. It's nice, Never again will I do that. Needless to say I like the slipcover.. I agree,, you visit and make a comment and they never respond, I am weeding them out and removing from my side bar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie, what a difference a slipcover makes.... it really does look great & can see why you are so pleased with it. Oh & the piccies you posted of the other lounges, just LOVE the last two, let me tell you they are dirt cheap compared to here.
    Wishing you a great weekend Hun...

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie,
    I mailed your swap package and think it should arrive Sat!
    Nice sofa covers! I think it would be hard to make some. I have 2 chairs that are in NEED of covering :)
    Very sweet photos of the Grands/GreatGrands!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to have found your blog once again! I would love to join your list of Romantic Blogs, but fear mine isn't geared that way. I'm not just real crafty and have nothing to sell, I just enjoy blogging! ;D

    As for your thoughts on blogging....I get very frustrated at times, when I'm trying to break back into the blogging scene and it seems as if I have a target on my back...saying don't leave a comment for that chick...LoL! I'm sure they'll come eventually though! They did before with my very first blog Kentucky Gal.

    Enjoy your new slip covers!☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of your new slipcover. I love that comfy, inviting look so much. My slipcovered (Pottery Barn) sofa is looking so sad after over ten years of abuse by me, and now three years of abuse by my fur-child, Hagrid. Yes, he is allowed on the sofa. That's why I chose to have a slipcovered sofa in the first place-- so I could throw it in the wash!

    Oh-- I'm going to be flying into Boise (You're in Boise, if I recall?) this Thursday! I'm meeting up with my best friend, and then we're heading out on a "Wild West" roadtrip to Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and the Grand Tetons! Yee haw!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your white slipcover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us. Connie, you have been so helpful with my blogger questions and my problem with my header photo placement. I wanted to let you know I did finally find a website that helped with centering my banner header photos (involves code). I followed their directions and had success! Here's the website and link for this issue: http://www.bloggersentral.com/2009/07/aligning-header-image-and-texts.html
    Just in case anyone else out there has the same situation and wants to fix it. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new slipcover. I am torn though. I love both sets of curtains. Maybe you could switch the white ones in for Christmas and get a dreamy cottage look going. In all I think the room is beautiful , you should be proud.

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!!!!!!!

    And thank you so much for the part on blogging, and for the link to another blog, which also addresses this issue. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.