My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Son, the Golfer

My son loves golf. I mean L.O.V.E.S. golf. His dream job is being a golf pro. And he'd do it for nothing if given the chance. As an aside, you may like to read this post I did over 3 years ago now on what happened to him on his birthday. This is my son in Scotland with the happiest smile on his face.

He and his wife own care homes in Southern California. They have been very blessed in life financially. We, his mother and father, attribute this to his wife's ability, not his. ;-) He doesn't have to work but in his mid-forties he decided to go back to school and get a nursing degree because he was bored staying home. He works at a hospital and absolutely loves it. He likes taking care of the elderly and listening to their stories. (My son is a great story teller also. His father, hubs, rambles!) He's now finishing up for an advanced degree in nursing. And both of my kids have never, ever been slackers. They worked hard for everything they've attained in life.

Anyway, he went to Scotland last year for two weeks to golf. He loved it but since his wife wasn't interested in going, his one son was in college (just graduated UC San Diego) and his other son was in school, he went alone. He missed them greatly. So this year, he's going for only one week. And here is where the story begins.

I tried calling him last Friday night and no answer. So I thought maybe he had left already and just left a message for him to call me. He emailed me, his wife and a couple of friends/golfing buddies Saturday morning. He was in Scotland and had already played a round of golf trying to "acclimate" to the area/golf course/time, etc. He never wastes time when a golf game is available. Never. The email mentioned for me to email him and he'd keep in touch the best he could with a seven hour time difference. Cell phone availability was spotty at best.

But in the email he mentions his son and his son's girlfriend. He hadn't heard from them. He was talking to his wife in this email also and asked if B. and girlfriend were in France or had gone on to Italy. I was stunned. I didn't even know our grandson was going to Europe. I hate it when my kids and grandkids fly or go out of the country! Hate it. And now I have my son and his son, my grandson, not only flying but out of the country together? I may just smack them both when they return. I think this is definitely attributable to my fear of flying and not wanting to leave the good ol' USA ever again. Don't nag me about this; it's my phobia and I can have it if I want!!
*

I love this cute living room. So quaint and homey.

Another little town in the UK somewhere with pretty cottages.

Eye candy for you.

Yep, another bathroom you can view. I know, I know. How many bathrooms can you view? A lot. They're all delightful, so hush up!

This home looks like it got chopped off on one side, but truly unique. It's in France.

What to do when a girl doesn't have a closet in her tiny apartment. Display all her clothing in a unique fashion. It has to be kept tidy that way.

Another adorable kitchen somewhere in the world other than the U.S.

A pretty blue kitchen area.

Small dining area with refurbished painted chairs.

More eye candy.

Where do some people get such darling plates, place mats and boxes? This is adorable.

A pretty, tiny thatched cottage with daffodils in the front yard.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't deal with a chartreuse-colored refrigerator but it is unique. The purple is a complementary color for chartreuse.

A gorgeous color of blue.

Cute vignette. I wonder if this is a child's room.
~*~

14 comments:

  1. I know the feeling...my son and wife took their 5 year old twins and 12 year old son to Florida and I hated them being out of the country and especially in Florida....without me!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my sweet friend!
    How are you? Been busy here and verrry hot this summer!
    We got out to Seattle the 2nd week in June and had a great time.

    I had to tell you that golf if also my hubs passion..he actually was good enough to have tried to make the pros...i so wish he had, i think hed be so much happier. He hasnt playing in almost 2 years due to life and job.

    Stay well my friend...Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love daffodils. When I lived in Michigan, out in the country, there was a corner lot down the road from us where a house had once stood. The lot was overgrown and every spring, was full of daffodils. Beautiful sight after a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your share about your family. My two children have also worked hard for what they have, my daughter is a respiratory therapist and my son owns his own business.... and they DID do it by themselves ! Traveling now seems to be much more risky, as well as more troublesome but I would be tempted to take one more trip to Europe. (())

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images Connie. I really love the one of the bath tub best. Oh what I'd do for a nice deep claw foot tub!! Have a wonderful Pink Saturday! Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golf is fun, our neighbor is teaching me and my brother.

    Come and join my party Color Connection, it is also my PINK entry. I hope you join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. L.O.V.E. that first pic. :-) I hope your family members all have enjoyable trips and safe returns. Drop by this weekend if you're interested a Vintage Linen & Dish Auction for charity. I hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. It really is "eye candy". Lots of good ideas. And a Golf Pro is not a bad things. . Good luck to him. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Saturday, you are the first one I visit (well, on Fri. night:)
    You always have such beautiful images.
    You also have a beautiful son...:) So love to hear when young people do well in life.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great eye candy. Love the bathroom and I could move into that little thatched roof cottage tomorrow. thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. After traveling to many different countries in my younger years, I've acquired the same phobia as you! I'm perfectly content to stay home, if I never get on a plane again, that will be ok with me! :)

    I love the picture of the "closet"! wish mine looked that neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I'm the one who always leaves the country for vacations I can't complain when others do it. But, not knowing beforehand is a little nerve wracking! Still, a golf lover at St. Andrews is a dream come true!

    Love the rooms. The Waverly fabric on the pillows in the first living room is one of my favorite patterns. Love the place mats and that beautiful blue as well. I could (and will) live without that refrigerator. Eeesh!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can understand and relate to your fear of flying. I hope your son enjoys his golf game. The little cottage you have a picture of was beautiful. I am an author and I could see myself sitting with a copy of coffee and writing or just listening to the birds. I live in Arizona, and I love the heat but there is only so much time you can spend in the back yard with a cup of coffee staring at a brick wall before it looses it's enjoyability. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the pictures in your post! I always worry when loved ones fly too. If you look on the bright side about your grandson, since you didn't know he was going to Europe, you didn't have to worry about the flight over, now you only have to worry about the flight back! Happy Pink and have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.