My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Don't You Just Love Doctor Appointments?

A few months ago, I had an issue with my left leg—I think this is left over from a fall I took over 2 years ago at a nearby lake. I've had a shooting pain from the top of my leg to my knee at times. But it was annoying so I set up an appointment with a spine institute in Boise and went in for an initial appointment and an MRI.

Now, I am meticulous at keeping appointments and hubs even puts them in his iPhone for me and I put them on the calendar with the appointment card from the doctor's office. The first visit I waited for a very long time in the waiting room and then the "receptionist with an attiTUDE" told me they were backed up that day and could I come back another time. I was very nice and said I could and set up the appointment. Then I had to have the "other" surgery. I thought I could make it to the appointment to get the results of the MRI, but I phoned in and scheduled another time because I was still loopy on the pain killers. A guy changed it for me. Then he called a couple of weeks later and rescheduled because my doctor was going on vacation. That was not a problem for me at all. Then I go in and the "receptionist with an attiTUDE" for the appointment (third time) said I wasn't scheduled for an appointment that day. I said I had the appointment scheduled with a guy and could she check further. The "receptionist with an attiTUDE" insisted she was right. I could barely contain my anger at her. I almost asked her if I could speak to her privately so I didn't tear her apart in the crowded waiting room. But I contained my anger and scheduled another appointment. I went and it was fine, but I told th' hubs if they screwed this one up I wasn't going back. How can an office run on such inefficiency, plus have a "receptionist with attiTUDE"? I'm not known for patience most of the time but I am a nice person, just don't push that envelope too far. ;-) Spine? All I needed was a shot of cortizone in a certain area and that should take care of it. I told her I'd think about it as it wasn't particularly bad that day at all. But truly, I just want to visit with the "receptionist with attiTUDE" one. more. time. ;-)

Then I went to my general surgeon for a minor thing and love them at that office. They love me so much they said, "Would you like a job here?" I said, "You couldn't afford me." I make them laugh so much and uplift them to the point they want me to stay. But, hey, I really don't want to work. I love being home and having my time to myself.
*

What a delightful red kitchen. It is in another country though.


Lovin' these purple blooms.


Another thatched cottage, very unusual shape though. I had a lot of fun in Ireland staying in a thatched bed and breakfast.


Cupcake anyone? :-)


This is one of the most beautiful blue bedrooms I've ever seen. Just gorgeous.


A lovely setting for a romantic dinner.


A cute display of small suitcases, a birdhouse and pretty wallpaper.


Now, this is a tent for camping! It has 3 rooms. I'd go camping in this in a heart beat. Mattresses and everything.


Aaaaawww, a little pumpkin carriage lamp. How sweet.


A beautifully wrapped gift of a pink scarf with french written all over it.


Romantic outing by a river, done right.


Just a beautiful pink, white and green flower.


Okay, here's one of my favorite pink and white striped rooms with my favorite Apple MacBook. How could I resist this one? Hahaha.


Isn't this gorgeous?


Hat boxes come in all sorts of pretty colors. I just happen to like these pink striped ones.
~*~

4 comments:

  1. Yes....I've met quite a few of those over these last 4 years plus a few of the lovely ones! People generally say that I brighten up their day as I usually try to get them laughing....in fact when I was in hospital recently I had the whole ward going as I organised an escape plan on the line of Colditz! It just makes the world a better place...don't you think?! Having said that I think that you were far more than patient...I think I would have been to the point of leaning across the desk and grabbing her by the lapels as I snarled into her face about how to be pleasant! I'm glad that they think a cortizone injection will help! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like doctor appointments any time, but I admire your restraint with the receptionist with a 'tude and I would probably send a link to this post to the doctor if I was bold enough . ( not really)

    Love the tent picture best of all, very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to your miss ATTITUDE. Our doctors surgery is full of them. It's now a Medical Centre,getting bigger all the time and they have not time for the person who pays their salary either urggggh. Hope you are feeling a little better.Not that this people help.
    That super posh tent is similar to one we are going to stay in overnight. Our son and his family gave us a B&B package for our Anniversary. It's staying in a wild life sanctury in one. Not something we would have chosen,but they think we should do something a little different for a change. I think we are now the kids and they the parents. How times have changed. :) or should I say :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a receptionist at my doctor's office a few years ago who was so rude to my mother. Mom had Alzheimer's and this woman was upset because mom couldn't remember something. I answered her for mom and the woman just glared at me. She was rude to so many seniors. I did try another doctor for us, but since I really liked our doctor, I went back to him. the woman was still there but so much nicer since I did complain to the office manager about how she treated my mother. She isn't there anymore so the office people are much nicer now without her.

    heather

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.