My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, December 3, 2012

The New Sofa

Okay, so I'm not posting as much, but life gets in the way sometimes. It's going to be hit and miss for at least a while around here. And YES, I've missed it, but having to do so much physical therapy is taking its toll on me. Plus a bit of an attitude, but we all know about that.

The trip to visit our granddaughter and the new great granddaughter took its toll on both of us. Eight hours driving in a car is a bit much for both of us, and I refuse to fly anymore.

But here is the new sofa:



While the pillow fabric selection was with the help of the designer and the pillows came with the sofa, I'm not wild about them. I'm going to try and find some Aubusson pillows for it. The sofa fabric looks different shades from different angles and it is beautiful to me. I love it and it will never wear out—a kind of velvet chenille and very thick and sturdy. The arm covers don't do the rolled arms justice so I've decided to not use them. It's just hubs and me so it won't get dirty at all and looks much better without them as you can see in the second photo above. My next post will be about the "overcrowded" family room and what I'm doing in there.
*

This is a beautiful room I could definitely live in.


Love the pillows in this one.


While I'm not crazy and really don't like high ceilings even though we have them in our living room, dining room and kitchen, this room is spectacular.


Little tags to hold a place in a book. I may make one for me as I use post-it note paper and they don't last but one book for me.


Cute pink for a tiny living room.


Those look like hydrangeas but how they got them to grow like that I'll never know. Maybe they cut them and put them like that for a photo shoot.


Place I'd like to be right now!


Another lovely pink and cream bedroom.


Love this lamp and what they did to it.


Pretty pink and reds.


Just beautiful romantic roses.


Darling collectibles in tiny boxes.


If only wash day were this pretty! Hah.


I've always thought of having 4 chairs like this but I truly love sofas in my home. I would do this in an extra room though, perhaps a large office or library.


This is about all the Christmas you'll see here. We don't do much for Christmas anymore. Just too much trouble for this old lady. But I love the feeling, especially in big cities. I haven't done it for a while so maybe it's not that pleasurable anymore. But I used to absolutely LOVE shopping at Macy's at Christmas in Union Square, San Francisco.

10 comments:

  1. Connie, I think your new sofa looks comfortable and elegant. I agree with you that it looks neater without the arm covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new sofa! I am ready for a change in our living room. Just no idea what I want to do. Beautiful choice of pictures as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new sofa! It is awfully pretty!!!! I love Christmas but this year I wasn't going to do a whole lot since I have been having trouble with bad headaches. They everyday headache I can deal with but having bad ones 5 to 6 days a week is too much for this girl. My lovely students: Hannah, Lydia, Sarah, Natalie, Calli, and Acer came and decorated not only my living room and the tree (that was a gift from my good friend. She isn't using it anymore and gave it to me when I said I wanted a bigger for this year) but the dining room too. They did a beautiful job. i am so thankful for the new 5ft tree. There are so many decorations on there that there isn't one empty space on it. It looks really beautiful. All I did was watch them and let them know where the boxes for Christmas were.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie! I was so surprised to see your new sofa. I love it! It's not quite like mine but pretty close. The two pillows that came with mine are the same fabric as the couch. Amazing! On another note, I know what you mean when you say you don't decorate much anymore. I'll be making my tree tomorrow but I really don't feel like it. I'm forcing myself in the hope that it will perk me up a bit. You know, the lights! I love those collectibles in the tiny boxes. Real eye candy, that photo! And, I adore those three mini Christmas trees. I love pearls!

    I know what you mean about long trips. I don't know how you did it. I'm just sitting down for fifteen or twenty minutes and when I get up, my legs feel weird! If I have to take a long bus ride, I'm so tired when I get off the bus. So, I would not like to take an eight hour car ride. You must have been exhausted. But, I suppose it was all worth it to see your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie! Whohooooo! A new sofa... It's quite wonderful, I can see why you're thrilled. I'm going to do that someday, but not until my darling grandson grows up and doesn't want to stay overnight any more. Then I can put my sweet little, white matalasse sofa where his bed is now... Oh, the cottage is tiny here and I couldn't bear to part with that little sofa. We'd be a whole lot more comfortable with something else though. Oh, and a fireplace. Wishing for one of those too. It's almost Christmas, right?

    Hope all is well with you and yours. Get some rest. Yep, therapy is super tiring. Feel better soon.

    xoxox
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty things. Your new sofa is great! I love that pink lampshade. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, great sofa ! I prefer driving too, but 8 is the max I'll do and it's with a bunch of stops. Used to drive home (Shreveport, LA) straight thru with no stops, about 12 hours but oh no not any more LOL.
    What did I miss with this therapy thing? (())XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie, your new sofa looks great!! And comfy! Thanks for all the eye candy, love those little trees at the end. I love shopping at the SF Macy's too, but haven't been up there for awhile. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love houses with high ceiling! Those trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is just something about high ceilings and hammocks - gotta love them.

    Visiting from Pink Saturday. Come and join me for my Countdown to Kitschmas.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.