My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Some Designer Rooms

 My blog looks just a bit different as I've removed a few things. I think it was becoming too cluttered on the sidebar so I took off my Things I Love, Things I'm Not Too Fond Of, and I took off a few things under my logo so now there are only 3 Pages up there. The Google Reader Follower's list will disappear July 1st with their getting rid of Google Reader so that'll free up some space. But if you want to still follow me, do it with Bloglovin' up at the very top right. I  just wanted it a bit more streamlined. So enjoy reading.
*

Are there rooms in your heart that no one is allowed to see because they may not be consistent with the design of the rest of the structure? I certainly have such rooms. They're so private that I share them with no one and hope they don't show in my face or actions in any way. They're mine alone to nuture and view from time to time to see if they need something I can give them or just want to be left alone a bit longer until I can visit them with something to add to the decor of that room.
*

Most of my friends and acquaintances are kind people. I just seem to have them in my life. It's usually been that way wherever we've lived.

The woman who cuts my hair is a doll. The best beautician ever. Very talented. A good, sweet loving mother to her 2 children, number 3 expected the end of the year. But her father died last month and she told me so softly I almost didn't hear her. I wept with her. He was a very handsome young father in his 40s and she loved him greatly. She sat with him the day he died. I sat there and wept while she cut my hair. I couldn't help it because she is such a sweet, kind, loving young woman and daughter to her father.

Then a few weeks later it was time for a teeth cleaning appointment. I showered, dressed and put on makeup (since they work with 2X glasses looking in my mouth and cleaning my teeth). But just as she started she took a tissue and wiped the right side of my chin. She said, "You had a bit of makeup there." I was so stunned at her thoughtfulness I could have cried. Some people wouldn't have bothered, but Chris is so thoughtful and known me for so many years, she performed that small kindness for me. It brought me to tears later as I thought about how kind everyone is to me. I am truly a blessed woman to know the people I know in my life.

Then I read this by the President of our Church and it expresses my views rather well.

I believe in the beauty of nature-the flowers, the fruit, the sky, the peaks and the plains from which they rise. I see and believe in the beauty of animals. Is there anything more regal than a magnificent horse-its coat brushed and clean, its head held high, its gait a symphony of motion?

I see and admire beauty in people. I am not so concerned with the look that comes of lotions and creams, of pastes and packs as seen in slick-paper magazines and on television. I am not concerned whether the skin be fair or dark. I have seen beautiful people in a hundred nations through which I have walked. Little children are beautiful everywhere. And so are the aged, whose wrinkled hands and faces speak of struggle and survival. . . . Those wrinkles have a beauty of their own, and inherent in their very presence is something that speaks reassuringly of strength and integrity and a love that runs more deeply and quietly than ever before.


I believe in beauty-the beauty of God's unspoiled creations, the beauty of his sons and daughters who walk without whimpering, meeting the challenges of each new day.


I believe in the beauty of good music and art, of pleasing architecture, and of good literature untainted by profanity or verbal filth.

My dear young friends, there is so much of ugliness in the world in which you live.  But you can rise above this and revel in the beauty to be found with a little effort.

*

A gorgeous dining room with pretty slipcovers over the back of the chairs.


A fantastic red-accented room.


An astounding blue room with lots of red throw in. I just love designer rooms because they show us ways to make our homes more gorgeous without being expensive if you take the time and ingenuity to do it.


A pale blue rose room. I love the coziness of the chairs around the fireplace.


Another blue room. Beautiful but it definitely looks affordable.


I love lots of chairs in a room. Most people don't like sitting three people on a sofa that is made for three people; two is the usual amount of sitters on a sofa. But I also like chairs for some to sit on also.


A cozy melon colored room with a white sofa and several chairs.


Sofas, chairs, lush pillows, lush curtains, a fireplace. This is s room I'd love.


I like chairs on the outside of the room also. Sometimes conversations start with 2 people sitting on the sidelines. I think this style is perfect.




I love this little simple white shabby room also.


A lovely blue elegant room near the seashore perhaps.


A Gorgeous dark red wall with lots of white and gold thrown in.


Gold and pink in this room. Very expensively decorated.


Simple but gorgeous chairs table and sofa


This is a bit more rustic in a french tradition but these homes are hard to come by, but beautiful however.
*

Tidbit:

In the 20th century, more people died of smallpox than in all wars of that century combined.
~*~ 
Linking up with WOW at NMH

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit.I'm happy that you like my blog and my home. I observe your blog,it is absolutly wondefull. I waiting for your new post!(My midle daughter is now in the United States-the Rotary Youth Exchange Program-she is very happy- she have a lot super friends.
    See you Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, Thanks for sharing these beautiful rooms at the Open House Party and take care!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these traditional room settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.